Our Students’ Desires


The most important thing for us is to see progress in our children- When they start to count, read, and write, and become more enthusiastic about different subjects and school life. We asked them to write a short personal letter about what they do day-to-day, their favorite things and their aspirations for the future.

In the next few weeks, we are going to share the series of letters with you. We look forward to introducing the children in their own words.


Hello,
               
  My name is Xochil. I’m 9 years old and I’m in 4th grade at José de la Cruz Mena public school. I’m living in the barrio of San Ignacio with my family.

  My father works as a security guard in Granada, while my mom stays at home and takes care of us and all the chores. I have two brothers and one sister. When I’m at home, I like to play with them or just help my mom. She has a lot of patience with us so sometimes I think it’s nice to give something back.

  I have a dog and her name is Suzy. Playing with her is so much fun because she’s so friendly and playful and she has a lot of energy. I try to teach her different tricks. Using food as a reward, she is already able to sit, lie and give me a high five on my command. She is one of my best friends and when I’m sad, she is the only one who can comfort me and cheer me up.

  I’m happy to go to school because I have many friends there and we enjoy spending time together. My teacher is Mrs. Acevedo, she gives us lots of attention and she encourages us to improve more and more each day. My favorite subject is Math. I really like solving different Math problems and I’m proud to say that I’m one of the best in my class.

  I go to the learning center everyday, where I always attend the Math group. I love being there because the ayudantes (assistants) and volunteers can spend more time with us individually and they can easily explain how to solve the problems that I find difficult at the school.

  In the future, I would like to go to high school and university. I’m interested in subjects such as Math, Geography and Literature, so I don’t know exactly what I want to study yet but I’m sure I will able to make the right decision for myself.

  When I grow up I would like to travel, too. Looking at maps fascinates me and I hope I will be able to visit the faraway places that I dream about today.



***********************************************



Los Deseos de Nuestros Estudiantes


  Lo más importante para nosotros es ver el progreso en nuestros niños. Cuando empiezan a contar, leer y escribir, y se vuelven más entusiastas sobre los diferentes temas y la vida escolar. Les pedimos que escribieran una breve carta personal sobre lo que hacen día a día, sus cosas favoritas y sus aspiraciones para el futuro.

  En las próximas semanas, vamos a compartir la serie de cartas con usted. Esperamos poder presentar a los niños con sus propias palabras.


Hola,


  Mi nombre es Xochil. Tengo 9 años y estoy en cuarto grado en la escuela pública José de la Cruz Mena. Vivo en el barrio San Ignacio con mi familia.

  Mi padre trabaja como CPF (hombre de seguridad), mientras mi mamá está en casa y se encarga de nosotros y de todas las tareas de la casa. Tengo dos hermanos y una hermana. Cuando estoy en casa, me gusta jugar con ellos o simplemente ayudar a mi mamá. Ella tiene mucha paciencia con nosotros y a veces siento que es bueno devolver le algo.

  Tengo un perro, su nombre es Suzy. Jugar con ella es muy divertido porque es muy amable y juguetona y tiene mucha energía. Trato de educarla. Con el estímulo de la comida ella ya es capaz de sentarse, se hecha y me da la patita de acuerdo a mis órdenes. Ella es una de mis mejores amigas y cuando estoy triste, es la única que puede consolarme y alegrarme.

  Estoy feliz de ir a la escuela porque tengo muchos amigos allí y nos gusta pasar tiempo juntos. Mi maestra es Señora Acevedo, ella nos presta atención a nosotros y nos empuja a mejorar cada vez más cada día. Mi materia favorita es Matemáticas. Estoy interesada en resolver problemas de matemáticas y estoy orgullosa de ser una de las mejores de mi clase.

  Voy al centro de aprendizaje todos los días, donde siempre asisto al grupo de matemáticas. Me gusta estar allí porque los ayudantes y voluntarios pueden pasar más tiempo con nosotros y pueden explicar fácilmente situaciones que no soy capaz de resolver en la escuela.

  En el futuro, me gustaría ir a la escuela secundaria y la universidad. Estoy interesado en temas como matemáticas, geografía y literatura, así que todavía no sé lo que quiero estudiar, aunque estoy seguro de que podré encontrar la mejor opción para mí.

  Cuando crezca me gustaría viajar también. Mirar mapas me fascina y espero poder visitar los lugares remotos con los que sueño hoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Technology: Computers in the Centers

Why we left the classrooms: by Pauline

Project brings water to Nueva Esperanza